Thursday 29 March 2012

Spring?

Well Spring was here. A week ago. For a few days. It was awesome. Now it’s like someone left the freezer door open and its damned cold again. I had turned off the heat and am now stoically refusing to turn it back on, even though I am sitting dressed in more layers than an Eskimo wears on a hunting trip.

Spring is truly one of my favourite times of year though – watching the world come back to life as it were – seeing plants sprouting their blooms and leaves and just painting everything in colour again – because Winter makes everything almost monochromatic – certainly around here.

One of the things that I find myself affected by during spring is the intense desire to suddenly procreate. I want to hump. Mind you – this isn’t too unusual for me, and I think you all know me well enough by now, dear reader, to know that I am pretty much a horn dog for lack of a better term. Of course, the issue, really, is ‘getting it’.

I swear, if I had a dollar for every time I hear “oh, that’s SO far” or “I wish you were closer” or something similar, I would not only be able to live anywhere, but I could also buy a successful airline and gas company and retire in luxury.  I hear it at least 3 times a day. For the record, Canada is NOT right next to Mars or Pluto. I do NOT live on an otherwise deserted island only accessible by sea-plane or row boat. There are airports, train stations and bus terminals all near enough by that if people really wanted to, they could visit. I mean – there are even roads near me.

I guess what it boils down to is just how much effort someone is willing to put in to meeting me. Or – ultimately – how genuine their attentions are to begin with. Of course, there are those who do make the effort – although its starting to be as rare as finding real meat at a fast food chain. And doesn’t always end well – like the “meat” at a fast food chain…..

At the end of the day it only goes to show how hard it is in a small town to find what one is looking for. This often means long distance relationships etc, but what about sex? I’m not necessarily looking for the happily ever after – and again, I know I am jaded by past experience – but it would be nice to have someone to shag or play with or – well – just cuddle and hold at night. I mean sometimes even ones hand is not in the mood anymore.

Just saying….

No comments:

Post a Comment