Tuesday 3 July 2012

Roadtrip 2012: Decisions, Decisions.


So I kind of stopped making daily notes on occurrences, predominantly because every day was similar, spent mainly job hunting and sending out resumes, with visits to the Eagle on weekends, and fun with the pups. I don’t think that's a bad thing – I think that just focusing my attentions on the reality of being here has been hugely enjoyable, and not wishing to spend too much time online has been a good thing.

But there has come a point where I have had to make a decision. 

I am very happy here – and, as many of you know, I have been far less than happy in Ontario for quite some time, experiences notwithstanding. Since arriving here, my stress level is down, I feel better over-all, physically, mentally and certainly emotionally. And I truly believe that finding work here is going to be a lot easier than in Ontario.

And so I had to make a decision before July 1st as to what I wanted to do. Did I want to return to Ontario and sit in the same depression situation indefinitely, waiting for a job offer from a company in Calgary, which would be unlikely to want to hire someone who would have to relocate from a different province. Or simply bite the bullet, sell up and move out here. 

I have chosen the latter alternative. This wasn’t an easy decision, let me assure you. There are a lot of other personal things which would keep me in Ontario, but my heart is in Calgary now. The decision to move here has actually lifted a huge fear of being stuck in the same situation again indefinitely off of me, and now the pressure will be on me when I return to get myself organised to move in a short space of time. 

But I know it will be worth the effort, and I am truly looking forward to this move. Yes, its daunting, but at the same time, I feel like I will be moving home. I will confess I have become very attached to the puppies, and them to me, and the thought that I have to actually leave them for a few weeks is truly upsetting.

Some of the other benefits of moving here include the fact that I will actually be able to arrange officially the Birthday Party I wanted for my birthday last year in late September – to which everyone is invited, of course, with details to follow soon.

So that’s where I am at. A week from today I will be back on the transportation device of horror, commonly called the Greyhound, headed back to Ontario to get things re-arranged in my life. I will update the blog as much as needed during this week, and keep you all posted on the packing and moving process too!

No comments:

Post a Comment